A shift towards more plant-based foods is key to meeting our climate goals.
Bridge2Food and European Alliance for Plant-Based Foods (EAPF) are proud to lead a coalition of 63 organisations calling for increased research and innovation funding for plant-based foods. This is essential to creating sustainable & healthy food systems.
Learn more in this webinar April 20th, 4-5:30 CET, with Gerard Klein Essink, CEO of Bridge2Food, Siska Pottie, secretary general of EAPF, and seven top leaders.
1. The Why? Siska Pottie on EU economic & environmental relevance of the plant-based food sector
2. The What? Gerard Klein Essink on work by Plant-Based Foods & Proteins EcoSystem
3. What, When, How Much & Where? Panel discussion on the bigger investment picture with:
- Cesar Gonzalez, manager public affairs, Euroseeds (Belgium)
- Sonja Kalkhoven, R&D director, Upfield (Netherlands)
- Matthias Kroen, vice-president, Donau Soja (Austria)
- Catherine Lefranc, nutrition & health senior research manager, Roquette (France)
- Paola Eulalio, DG Agri, European Commission (Belgium)
- Michel Mellema, head of science & technology for Vegetarian Butcher/ Unilever (Netherlands)
- Anne Louise Dannesboe-Nielsen, director, Danish Technological Institute (Denmark)
4. Joint Letter, to the European Commission on future calls for proposals within the Horizon Europe Work Programme 2023-2024, with Siska and Gerard.
Sign up here for the webinar.
This discussion was started with the release of a joint paper, and stakeholders will gather at the Plant-Based Foods & Proteins Summit Europe in June to help define a research investment agenda.
Interested in learning more? Check out these videos with key leaders.
You can sign up on Eventbrite for the webinar.