Senior Conference Producer
Events (Summits & Courses) for Plant-Based Foods & Proteins
Founded in 2002, Bridge2Food is a networking business providing events, research, and community services. Bridge2Food focuses on the transition toward a plant-based foods diet. Driven by concerns around health, ethics, and sustainability, the world is shifting towards greater consumption of plant-based, fermentation, and other sources of protein as a proportion of the diet. This shift is being supported by various policy initiatives as the issue of food security rises. The major food producers are looking to service this demand with products that have better taste & texture, an attractive price point & enhanced nutritional profile.
Bridge2Food helps players across the value chain achieve this: from agriculture / ingredients / processing & machinery / research & development institutions and organisations / FMCG suppliers / retailers / investors. We help by fostering new connections across the value chain through our summits (Europe, North America & Asia); we help educate professionals through our academies (same geographies); and we help create communities like the Global Plant-Based Foods diet, allowing them to raise & address issues through our online ecosystem meetings. We also get involved in bespoke research projects that leverage the power of our network.
Bridge2Food has recently entered a strategic partnership with the Arc Network, global events, data, and information group focused on innovative collaboration tools that are sustainably guided. Arc’s investment into Bridge2Food is allowing the business to scale in terms of our operations and team, creating new, exciting employment opportunities
Senior Conference Producer
General description of main duties:
- Lead our Summits & Courses from a project management perspective.
- Develop excellent Summit & Academy programmes.
- Plan budgets & deliver excellent financial results & targets
- Manage the Ecosystem Community manager
- Book speakers, identify commercial opportunities and invite special guests to attend.
- Oversee the event and operations team (contractors), making sure everything runs to plan and budget.
- Research market to identify relevant topics for future conferences and target audiences.
- Work with marketing staff to produce promotional material
- Design & execute an effective evaluation method.
- Arrange caterers, production equipment and evening activities.
- Ensure that all legal and health and safety requirements are met.
Specific deliverables & KPI’s
- Research, produce and deliver 3 x 2 day Summits (a mix of Europe, US & APAC), plus 3 x 2 day Academies (same geographical mix).
- Build strong relationships with industry practitioners across the food value chain for speaker recruitment & research.
- Management of Industry Advisory Boards to support events/awards: recruiting new members, organising/attending advisory board meetings for event research purposes.
- Appointment & management of sub-contractors and suppliers to deliver a great experience within budget.
- Conducting detailed research to develop the content for market-driven programmes; writing compelling, commercially appealing agendas.
- Speak to senior players in the food sector to determine key industry challenges and trends, as well as gathering information from colleagues within the business.
- Utilise this research to create agendas for summits & courses, and recruit speakers who will stimulate the most interest in the market.
- Develop ideas for content and work with the marketing team to create whitepapers, reports, infographics, webinars, podcasts, to stimulate interest.
- Work with the marketing team to establish partnerships with media publications, associations, market influencers and pioneers for product articles, newsletters, email blasts, etc. Support sponsorship, exhibition and delegate sales and direct customer enquires.
- Plan and execute strategy to successfully deliver productsKPI’s:
- delivering an event portfolio that delivers profit & revenue targets
- Ensuring that delegate, exhibitor and speaker evaluation is best-in-class (averaging at least 8.8 out of 10.)
Senior Conference Producer - essential skills and experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience or more in summit, conference, course management with proven success in leading events, ideally in the international FMCG sector or B2B food industry
- Great leadership skills to manage teams effectively
- Well-developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic thinking to identify future opportunities
- Exceptional writing and negotiation skills to effectively communicate the USPs of the events conferences
- Excellent research skills
- An interest in the food sector and issues around sustainability
Send your CV and cover letter to Vincent Brain, General Manager, Bridge2Food (firstname.lastname@example.org)