Events, Research & Communities for Plant-Based Foods & Proteins
Founded in 2002, Bridge2Food is a networking business providing events, research, and community services. Bridge2Food focuses on the transition toward a plant-based foods diet. Driven by concerns around health, ethics, and sustainability, the world is shifting towards greater consumption of plant-based, fermentation, and other sources of protein as a proportion of the diet. This shift is being supported by various policy initiatives as the issue of food security rises. The major food producers are looking to service this demand with products that have better taste & texture, an attractive price point & enhanced nutritional profile.
Bridge2Food helps players across the value chain achieve this: from agriculture / ingredients / processing & machinery / research & development institutions and organisations / FMCG suppliers / retailers / investors. We help by fostering new connections across the value chain through our summits (Europe, North America & Asia); we help educate professionals through our academies (same geographies); and we help create communities like the Global Plant-Based Foods diet, allowing them to raise & address issues through our online ecosystem meetings. We also get involved in bespoke research projects that leverage the power of our network.
Bridge2Food has recently entered a strategic partnership with the Arc Network, global events, data, and information group focused on innovative collaboration tools that are sustainably guided. Arc’s investment into Bridge2Food is allowing the business to scale in terms of our operations and team, creating new, exciting employment opportunities.
This role needs to combine great brand management with marketing communications execution. This will be a new position in the business. At the outset, you will only be recruiting one additional member of the marketing team – so this is not a pure management role. We require somebody who is happy to do tasks themselves, as well as a bit of management. You will have a proven record of accomplishment and have a passion for the marketing of business-to-business events. You will possess experience within an events marketing environment already, and as an analytical and creative thinker, you will also possess excellent relationship management, influencing and presentation skills. The candidate will be responsible for the marketing communications strategy, delivering to the highest standards on time and within budget, and managing key stakeholder relationships.
Please note – our main channel of communication is digital. When running campaigns, 80% of this role will be executing great digital campaigns. We did have a debate whether to call this role “digital marketing manager” – we decided against because modern marketing is predominately digital. So digital skills & experience are essential, and your application should focus on this.
* Manage and deliver marketing communication campaigns
* Plan and manage the marketing campaigns including media planning, advertising, creative briefing, brand management, media/ cross promotions, PR, digital, email and social media
* Manage and deliver promotional activities across all channels, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed budgets
* Ensure audience quality, volume and revenue targets are achieved/exceeded. (We get delegate attendee revenue, plus the marketing team should help generate enquiries for the sponsorship team.)
* Manage external staff (including agencies and temporary staff) to ensure they are motivated to carry out their responsibilities in achieving overall KPI’s
* Management and delivery of all sponsor and partner agreements and benefits – delivering all contractual agreements for marketing and overseeing operational commitments
* Providing Management with on-going and post-campaign effectiveness reports, recommending on-going improvements
* Manage and monitor budgets, provide accurate forecasts and feed into the budget setting process
* Monitor, maintain and regularly review relationships with suppliers to ensure highest levels of service are continuously delivered
* Remain up to date with the latest communication tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
* Promote a culture of testing-and-change to continuously drive improvement
Skills and experience:
* A proven track record of creating successful event customer facing campaigns, preferably in the food industry
* Proven use and understanding of databases and segmentation techniques
* Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
* Excellent financial management and budgeting skills
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Excellent people management skills
* Excellent digital skills including emailing systems like Mailchimp, social media tools and strategies (LinkedIn, Hubspot, Expandi),
* Excellent digital application skills including Microsoft Office, marketing automation and customer relationship management systems
* Takes responsibility and is accountable for actions and decisions
* Commitment to work as part of a team
* A proactive and energetic approach to work
* A passion for the food sector, especially plant-based foods & proteins or sustainability, would be advantageous
Send your CV and job application letter/email to Vincent Brain, General Manager, Bridge2Food (email@example.com)