Customer Success Representative
Events, Research & Communities for Plant-Based Foods & Proteins
Founded in 2002, Bridge2Food is a networking business providing events, research, and community services. Bridge2Food focuses on the transition toward a plant-based foods diet. Driven by concerns around health, ethics, and sustainability, the world is shifting towards greater consumption of plant-based, fermentation, and other sources of protein as a proportion of the diet. This shift is being supported by various policy initiatives as the issue of food security rises. The major food producers are looking to service this demand with products that have better taste & texture, an attractive price point & enhanced nutritional profile.
Bridge2Food helps players across the value chain achieve this: from agriculture / ingredients / processing & machinery / research & development institutions and organisations / FMCG suppliers / retailers / investors. We help by fostering new connections across the value chain through our summits (Europe, North America & Asia); we help educate professionals through our academies (same geographies); and we help create communities like the Global Plant-Based Foods diet, allowing them to raise & address issues through our online ecosystem meetings. We also get involved in bespoke research projects that leverage the power of our network.
Bridge2Food has recently entered a strategic partnership with the Arc Network, global events, data, and information group focused on innovative collaboration tools that are sustainably guided. Arc’s investment into Bridge2Food is allowing the business to scale in terms of our operations and team, creating new, exciting employment opportunities.
Customer Success Representative
We are now hiring a customer success representative to join our team. We don’t work in a complicated business:
- Our event revenue comes from 2 main sources:
- Sponsors (or partners in our lexicon, because that’s how we like to think of them), and
- Delegate attendees
- The Customer Success Representative will focus on the partners – companies who pay for branding and an exhibition stand at our events
- Most of our long-term clients loyally come back to us, year after year. We consistently deliver a good programme and a great audience – and they know how to manage their participation to maximise their results.
- The key role of the Customer Success Representative is to look after accounts (especially new ones) to ensure that they have a great experience and return on their investment with us.
- Your role: to hold their hand through the event process, making sure that they are well prepared to have a great show – have they thought of everything they need operationally? Have they defined their commercial objectives? Who will be manning the stand? Is their messaging at the event likely to engage people passing their stand into conversation? What will they give to people who visit their stand? Have they invited their clients to the event? Have they considered follow-up techniques with people they met at the event?
- The role is all about making your clients prepared as possible to have a great event experience. The more prepared they are, the better their experience – it’s your job to make sure that they have thought about the steps necessary to have a great event.
- If clients have a great experience, then they are more likely to come back, as well as recommending the event to others within their network. (We work in a tight-knit sector, plus there is plenty of staff movement from client-to-client)
The is the core of the role & success will be measured in terms of client retention. We aim every year for 90% of our clients to stay with us. And those who leave us will do so because things have changed in their business – not because we under-delivered. The role will therefore mean that we do everything in order to give the client a great experience. Therefore, the list below is not exhaustive, but some of the duties to perform will involve:
- Proactively welcome clients when they book to do our events and offer yourself as the contact point for making sure that they have a great time.
- Responding to client inquiries via phone, email and chat
- Work closely with internal global teams to address deliverables
- Solve issues by interpreting the needs of clients, identifying solutions, and assessing any impacts on other areas of the business (sales, marketing, operations, finance)
- Develop and communicate data-driven recommendations for clients and internal teams;
Identify and analyse client data and industry trends
- Provide client feedback and work with Product Management to make things better for our customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned – whilst the core of this role is Customer Success, you would be joining a small company and there would be administrative tasks to perform.
“Are you client focussed?”
“Are you a proactive problem solver?”
“Are you passionate about the protein transition, nutrition & sustainability?”
“Would you like to travel internationally 5-6 times per year?”
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in customer-facing roles
- A team player who shares success
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision – likely to be mainly working remotely
Send your CV and cover letter to Vincent Brain, General Manager, Bridge2Food (email@example.com)
t Brain, General Manager, Bridge2Food (firstname.lastname@example.org)