Business Development Manager – EcoSystem
Events, Research & Communities for Plant-Based Foods & Proteins
Founded in 2002, Bridge2Food is a networking business providing events, research, and community services. Bridge2Food focuses on the transition toward a plant-based foods diet. Driven by concerns around health, ethics, and sustainability, the world is shifting towards greater consumption of plant-based, fermentation, and other sources of protein as a proportion of the diet. This shift is being supported by various policy initiatives as the issue of food security rises. The major food producers are looking to service this demand with products that have better taste & texture, an attractive price point & enhanced nutritional profile.
Bridge2Food helps players across the value chain achieve this: from agriculture / ingredients / processing & machinery / research & development institutions and organisations / FMCG suppliers / retailers / investors. We help by fostering new connections across the value chain through our summits (Europe, North America & Asia); we help educate professionals through our academies (same geographies); and we help create communities like the Global Plant-Based Foods diet, allowing them to raise & address issues through our online ecosystem meetings. We also get involved in bespoke research projects that leverage the power of our network.
Bridge2Food has recently entered a strategic partnership with the Arc Network, global events, data, and information group focused on innovative collaboration tools that are sustainably guided. Arc’s investment into Bridge2Food is allowing the business to scale in terms of our operations and team, creating new, exciting employment opportunities
New Business Manager
Bridge2Food has grown based on nurturing retained clients and making sure that they repeat for the following edition. No major emphasis has been put on attracting brand new clients. With the investment that has been made in the business, there is now an opportunity to recruit a New Business Manager to sit alongside the Key Account Manager to ensure that we deliver new business, as well as upsell and retention revenue. This will involve getting out into the market, speaking with new clients, and getting them involved in our activities.
Please note that we call our clients “partners”, as opposed to “sponsors” or “exhibitors”. That is because we think of them as such, and look for a long-term, mutually beneficial working relationship.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in media/event sales, and/or in selling sponsorship packages and exhibition space. You will have excellent written, oral and communication skills. You enjoy business development, identifying new opportunities and taking care of your clients. You will have superb negotiation skills and should like a deadline-driven and targeted environment.
* Build successful relationships with new clients.
* Sell exhibition space and bespoke sponsorship packages
* Work closely with the team to identify new topics and commercial opportunities
* Work with event team to ensure all aspects of sponsorship are fulfilled
* Develop in depth knowledge of the food sector, especially the development of plant-based foods & proteins and other food ingredients & finished products
* Lead high profile pitches to new clients
The ideal candidate:
* 3-5 years of B2B sales/account/business development experience in the events or media industry, ideally in the B2B food industry
* Confident in new business development function
* Enthusiastic personality, pro-active
* Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent ability to discuss ideas and projects over the phone
* Strong business acumen
* Exceptional written and spoken level of English
We are flexible on location, but the UK or The Netherlands would be preferred.
Send your CV and cover letter to Vincent Brain, General Manager, Bridge2Food (email@example.com)