The finalists have been announced for the Bridge2Food Protein Awards 2017 which celebrate those creating new plant-based and high protein foods and ingredients, driving growth and innovation in the Protein industry. The finalists for each category are as follows:
Best Plant-based Food: awarded to a company or individual that has created a new plant-based food.
- Beyond Meat for The Beyond Burger
- Hampton Creek for ‘Just Scramble Patty’
- Quinta Local Superfoods for Quinta Quinoa
Best New High Protein Food: awarded to a truly innovative new high protein food.
- Fortified Foods for High Protein & Vitamin Ready Meals
- Jimini’s for Jimini’s Energy and protein snack bars
- Synthite Industries for Lentil Bread
Most Novel Protein Ingredient: celebrates new protein ingredients that are truly innovative and offered measurable benefits for manufacturers and consumers.
- Bioriginal Europe for Pumpkin Powder Protein
- DSM for CanolaPRO™ – Canola/Rapeseed Protein
- GreenFood50 for Protein Rich Quinoa Flour
The winners will be announced at Bridge2Food 10th Protein Summit 2017 (27-28 September, Reims, France). – the world’s largest protein platform will bring together more than 300 experts from the whole value chain to debate and shape a future protein agenda for Europe towards 2030.
Gerard Klein Essink of Bridge2Food said “The judges were impressed with the high quality of entries and the finalists should be very proud of their achievement that reflects growing innovation within the protein sector.”
The Expert Judging Panel:
- Mike Velings, co-Founder, Aqua-Spark
- Dr.-Ing. Bernhard van Lengerich, Seeding the Future Foundation
- Greg Bonnefin, Group Director, Newly Weds Foods (Thailand)
- Dr Stacy Pyett, Business Development Manager, NIZO(Netherlands)
- Rickey Yada – Professor, Land & Food Systems University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Hugo Streetska, DSM, (The Netherlands)
- Dr Anne Wagner, Corporate R&D Director, Tereos (France)
- Dr Kees de Gooijer – TKI Agri & Food (Netherlands)
- Claire Nuttall, Founder, The Brand Incubator (UK)
- Roger Gilbert, Managing Director, Perendale Publishing (UK)
For more information, please contact: email@example.com